To All Toastmasters


Being a new to any group of the people is never easy, no matter whether you talk to new friends, coworkers, or members of the club. Urge to be accepted, as well as, desire to become a part of the group that speak the same language, share most likely similar values, and have their own rules, make most of us a bit reserved in talking to others.

I am not an exception. However, recently I became a new member of the Nuremberg Toastmasters Club, and right away I got fully absorbed not only in the interacting with people, but also in the public speaking.

To be honest, it wasn’t really my choice at first. Simply not knowing how the club works and that there is a possibility to be a guest before you sign in, brought me to the situation when I took the Ah Counter role and delievered a mini speech at my very first meeting. I had no idea what to say and what other members expect from me. I bumbled, I forgot almost all words, and my legs were shaking uncontrollably. But somehow I got so much support from just everybody that after the meeting I actually felt enthusiastic. I realized I want to speak in front of the people and I want to learn more about the different roles at the club to prepare myself better the next time.

So, I did my research, applied it to several roles, and now I want to share my experience with you. I hope it will make all new members feel more comfortable in starting your path at the Toastmasters club, and it will encourage the more experienced fellows to talk about things that helped you to become a competent communicator.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Break The Ice With Your Icebreaker Speech

How To Strengthen Your Impromptu Speeches With The Rule Of Three